Thursday 23 April 2015

Cabo Adventures

James should be writing a blog post at some point on our journey. Being the published author in the relationship it just takes him a bit longer to get his words out. I'm less concerned about sounding pretty so I tend to have no problem writing more frequently. I'm the quantity, he is the quality. Don't tell him I said that though or else his author ego will swell. 
Yesterday we went on a morning excursion with a company called Cabo Adventures. We were in the lobby at 8:15, which was fine because I've been getting to bed (old lady) early each night. 
We went to the harbour in downtown Cabo to a dolphin encounter building. I love dolphins but as I get older I am more and more aware of the fact that animals should be in the wild and not in a cage or pool. I'm hoping that these were rescues since the one that flirted with me through the glass looked like it had been hit by a boat propellor. But our tour was not with the dolphins, so we headed out to the harbour. 
Our tour guide's name was Pierre. He was interactive, funny and very animated. He couldn't be much younger than us, and I found out later from our friend Trevor that he actually went to Shawnigan Lake Private School in our neck of the woods. 
We took a fast boat around the bay, going to the place where the Sea of Cortez meets the Pacific Ocean. There is a spot between some rock formations that has one beach on the Cortez side, and another on the Pacific. The sea side is calm and called Lovers Beach, where the ocean side is very rough and wavy, called Divorce Beach. 
James will write more about the boat ride I'm sure. 
We then went snorkelling and paddle boarding. There were tons of beautiful fish to see in the reef, including angel fish and an octopus!
I didn't bring a camera but Miranda had hers and Maria had an underwater one so we will include pictures (and maybe some stolen from Google) later on. I actually liked paddle boarding a lot, and was pretty confident until I tried to dance when a wave came. I managed to stay standing, but not gracefully.
After our tour we went on a walk around town, but the sun was high and friggen hot so we caught the shuttle back to the hotel at 2. 
Today is much cooler and pretty windy. I'm hoping that is how it is tomorrow for the wedding! It would be nice if we didn't sweat our makeup off. 
More to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment