Wednesday 22 April 2015

Yesterday's post because Internet is spotty

Why all inclusive resorts are dangerous: everything is at your fingertips. Nobody goes back up to the buffet to get more salad.
In order to try to combat this overconsumption of everything delicious, this morning I went to the gym.
Our resort, the Riu Sante Fe, is equipped with many pools, restaurants, a gym, spa and disco.
I have yet to check out the disco, but the gym was good. The ultimate goal is to still fit into my bridesmaid dress on Friday.
I guess I should explain the trip a little further. James and I are here in Cabo San Lucas with approximately 46 other people to celebrate the wedding of our friends Hayley and Eric. Being a bridesmaid, I have a very beautiful strapless dress I need to be able to breathe in while they get married. I still have Wednesday and Thursday to eat all the delicious things so I have to be careful.
Though, according to my Fitbit, today alone I've walked almost 17,000 steps which is like a personal best. But I've only had it for two weeks.
It's cool traveling with a big group, because even though this resort is huge, we tend to see people we know no matter where we go. James has met many people we didn't originally know, as well. He is very friendly.
James and I are going snorkelling and paddle boarding tomorrow and have to be in the lobby by 8:15, which is 7:15 our time.
So I'm going to finish watching Zombieland, and be asleep before 10pm. Some of the older people made fun of me while we headed to our room, but I don't care! I like to have a good rest.
-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment